Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arranging and Editing

This installment has more sub-plots than I imagined until I started laying it all out. Below is my spreadsheet with the colors in columns denoting plots (no spoilers). The arrows show how I'm redistributing bits to improve pacing. That's all done. Now I have to really work on the editing, start to finish, and add a few glue bits here and there. I learned from the Continuation of Nova piece that it needs to sit and simmer too, after I'm done with that phase. That's when some of my best ideas arrive. This happened after I posted Nova's story, and there are some nice bits that are still on the drawing board as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment